Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Weekend DIY ...



I mentioned yesterday that I didn't have many predetermined obligations this past weekend.  A perfect time to jump into a quick chair fix!  I am in the process (slow birth actually!) of turning my unfinished basement/laundry/workout/junk room into my office.  It currently IS my office, soooo uninspiring!!  So without the ability or desire to completely transform/gut/rebuild this space I am slowly trying to pep it up a little!!

A friend's sister was moving ... and she didn't want this chair ... my sweet friend knows my obsession!  It has been sitting in my "office" for about a year now!


You know I'm a Krylon girl ... but Home Depot was out of Krylon Kelly Green.  I have to say, I am kind of enamored by the Rust-oleum.  It just might sway me.  I am flexible like that.


Found this orange/white/pink chevron fabric for $15.99 a yard.  I only needed two yards.  I could splurge!



You can see the original faded and stained blue/white toile.  While I am a very loyal toile fan, this was not my vision.




Ready for placment!


 Close up of the fabric ... hard to tell, but that small stripe is a "pale" hot pink!



Don was traveling ... I could make a mess in the dining room without his knowledge. Who am I kidding?  He is totally used to this.  I think he tries to run away on occasion!

xo,

kim

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the redo. That would take me a week. I really love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the chair redo! Your office is going to be so happy and gorgeous! I hope you'll show us photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Kim! It looks great, and I love that shade of green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim.... who knew that chair could be so fabulous! Oh that's right...You see great things when others can't. LOVE the chair! Now it will be so happy in your office. Pictures please.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...