Monday, June 25, 2012

Dining Room ... Done!

This space is finally done.  All the little details in place and it is now home for wonderful dinner parties.  And the Mr. has chosen to use it as his office when he is home.  The best complement I could ever receive.  


It all began with a plan to bring in some light. Remember the shimmer of the ceiling?  

And this chandelier?


Beautiful Kravet silk now frames the windows, pulling out the subtle trellis pattern on this Lee Jofa grass cloth.


The Clam Shell dilemma I was having a while ago?  Real or fake?  Then I saw this Coral at Brimfield.  And one day, while looking for a few baskets I happened upon this beautiful one made out of mother-of-pearl.  Much better than the fake resin ones.  Much more affordable than the Coral!  Add some oomph ... bring in orchids and moss.  I am not generally a fan of "faux" flowers.  But there is this store ... Perennial Designs ... I will gladly take any of their faux!!


 The warmth comes from the mix of textures.

Silk ... & ...  Grasscloth

Orchids ... & ... Shell

Gilt ... & ... Wood



Let the party begin!

xo,

kim

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...