Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Drive

Don and I needed a little break from our crazy schedules.  Last Friday we took our favorite drive up the coast to Maine.  First stop, Billy's Chowder House in Wells.  A Lobster Roll ... and a bottle of wine. 

 It is Friday after all!


A lobster roll like no other!


We wandered the roads and enjoyed the scenery on this cold day at the beach.  We have had such a mild winter this year it is a little odd ... but so beautiful!


Snow on the rocks ...




No trip up to Maine would be complete without a trip to my favorite haunt "Old House Parts" in Kennebunk ... remember when we went up there last year?  See it here.  

I am looking for some architectural pieces ... for something ... really just looking!



 I came home with this one ... well, not really ... I have to go back to pick it up ... but it has my name on it!!  










 Say hello to the kitty ... the owner of Old House Parts is Tom Joyal.  If you look carefully you can see that the markings on this sweet house cat says "JOY"!





Have a wonderful weekend!

xo,

kim


4 comments:

  1. So cool. I have only been to Maine once, about 15 years ago, but I loved it.
    The white door would look great in a kitchen as a pantry door, specifically my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool. I have only been to Maine once, about 15 years ago, but I loved it.
    The white door would look great in a kitchen as a pantry door, specifically my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That lobster roll looks so yummy! Love the old doors in the store, I so want to visit Maine someday, will have to remember that place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to go to Maine {sigh} Your pictures are lovely and the lunch looks delicious!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...