Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Little Glimmer!

I think I am having One Room Challenge Withdrawals!!  For those that weren't following, for the past six weeks,15 of us bloggers were in a challenge to get One Room Done!  Well ... we completed that last week ... you can click on the One Room Challenge Button on the right to start from the beginning or go here.

So ... I feel the need to show you what else I have been working on.

Rookie Mistake Number One!  I didn't take before photos ... the room just kind of evolved!  I was working with my client on painting her kitchen area ... and it just seemed natural to carry the paint right into the dining room ... then we started REALLY looking at the dining room ... I got ahead of myself and then found us in the middle of everything with no before photos!!

The room was yellow ... a chair rail ... and a beautiful table and chairs (will show you when the room is COMPLETE!) 

Here's what is happening right now:



The Dining Room is not big but we wanted it to have a Big Impact.  We chose Benjamin Moore Metallic Paint - Bronze for the ceiling.  We wanted to echo the bronze/gold stencil in the wallpaper but not have it too shiny.  Three coats over the painted ceiling we started with.  The Depth and The Sheen are gorgeous.  You look up and feel drawn in ... not stopped by the lower ceiling.  



Close up of the Lee Jofa Wallpaper ... grass cloth with a gold stencil ... stunning!


Lamps that mimic the pattern on the walls ... and the Crowing Jewel, Metallic Ceiling.




You can see that our drapes are not up yet ... they are coming ... and you will be able to see them in the next Big Reveal.  I have a hard time keeping a secret.  We also have some fabulous Brimfield finds ... remember these



Well, they have a new home in this dining room and you are going to be blown away!!

xo,

kim

1 comment:

  1. I am lost on Wednesday's, too. I love that room you did...you know me...but....how about those lamps! The white bases are stunning, and those shades, what lovely form.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...