Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Home Away ... For the Holidays!


I had a fun time with Erin last week doing a little window shopping.  I want the Zebra print ... I have no idea where I would put it ... but I would find a place.  It has nothing to do with this post ... other than it was at Z Gallerie ... and I want it!

As we are all "wrapped up" in Christmas and the holidays I seem to be singularly focused on getting the house ready.  But as we consider those out of town family members and friends that might be joining us ... maybe we should spruce up some rooms to welcome them ... without the "theme" of the season.

If you are needing to do a quick fix on a guestroom ... take a look at these fun ideas from Z Gallerie ... you can get this look in no time!!  Fun, full of color and festivity ... and they'll last longer than the holidays!


I would probably only take an item or two from this line ... not the "whole" look.  Even just a set of shams or the duvet cover will offer a little punch to your decor and make your guests happy!


While you are gathering up the guestroom ... a couple of things to think about.  Make it feel special, I even have my sheets ironed (at the cleaners ... I don't have time!) it makes the bed feel delightful and fresh! 

Water!  It gets so dry here in the winter that this little thought will be so appreciated!  
Martha Stewart 
Martha Stewart

Water Carafe




A fresh set of beautiful towels ... I know this sounds obvious ... but truly, have you looked at your towels lately?  I need to hit the "white sales" after Christmas!

Hotel Collection
And lastly ... a good alarm clock ... not the one that used to be yours and you shoved it along when you got the Bose ... really ... a good one!
Alarm Clock



I love having guests and family with us ... I like all the bedrooms and sofas to be full of people!  That must be why I love sleepovers for my kids ... nothing makes me happier than preparing a pancake breakfast for hungry ones the next morning!  

Soak in the family and festivities of the next few weeks ... precious moments to treasure!

xo, 

kim

2 comments:

  1. I loved Z Gallerie when we visited CA. I wish there was one around me. Such a great store. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Ran into you over at "enchanted"! Enjoyed your comment and blog!
    Barbara...57!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...