Monday, July 9, 2012

Knee Deep in Projects ...

My favorite place to be!


I have been working with a family of 5 ... 3 precious girls and their parents!  Alot has been happening at their house ... we have been dealing with contractors, tile people, painters, furniture and fabric issues ... and the endless assortment of other issues that come up when you are doing an addition and renovation.  Summer is here.  Good, they can take a break and get away!  Bad, we don't want the contractor taking a break and getting away!


Kitchen Inspiration:




Mrs. has been carrying this sample around with her for YEARS!  It makes her happy.  She has been afraid that it is dated and she should move on.  It is definitely a pattern we all know ... and I do happen to love.  And if you have seriously been carrying around this sample for 10 years ... I hardly suggest we ditch it and look for something else!!


So Cowtan and Tout will be our kitchen window treatment and set the tone for the rest of the house!  The lights are being made ... remember my trip to Portsmouth?


Butcher Block wood top for the island ... Walnut ... Cherry ... Maple?


Definitely removed the maple ... too boring and no OOMPH!


Considering the herringbone "picture" over the Stove.


The Green and White Fabric is for the custom pendant lights.  Giving our Pastorale a little update!  And  the Winner IS ... WALNUT!  I am emphasizing this because I know this has been a tough choice for the Mrs.  And it is RIGHT!!  Bringing what I call "grounding" into the kitchen.

Around the corner is the family room ... we chose the paint color here.  Sofa, rug and window treatments all to be installed in two weeks ... can't wait to show you how family friendly and warm this is going to be!!

Busy week, things are happening! ... hope you have a good one!

xo,

kim



7 comments:

  1. I love the selections for the kitchen! I'm dying to do wooden countertops, so Im interested in how she likes it. Best of luck catching a break!
    ( squeeze in a mani-pedi for yourself)
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have chosen walnut too! I have a teak island in my kitchen with carrera marble on the other services...there is nothing like a wood surface to warm up a space! I love the yellow and green too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choices and the green and white will be a wonderful companion to the Cowtan and Tout...would definitely have chosen the walnut...love!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree walnut is the winner! I am loving the green and what print... it will totally bring the fabric to a fresh and modern room! Love that you are giving the client what she wants, but making it timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric you're using with the C and T is perfect! I love the fresh it adds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be lovely. I can't wait to see the walnut on the counter. I love the look of wood for a counter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be lovely. I can't wait to see the walnut on the counter. I love the look of wood for a counter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...