Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday Snip - It's and a Confession ...


I have such wonderful blog friends and I love to read, comment and totally consume the images that everyone puts up.  And as much ADD that I have ... I also can get sucked in and go into a complete Singularly Focused Vortex.
Tunnel Vision Mode.  
I was there ... since Thanksgiving.  
Totally focusing on the Holidays and our Move.  
I became paralyzed in thought.

So this Friday's Snip - It's represents a re-birth of sorts!  I stopped blogging (and reading them) ... for two weeks.  I found that I needed a visual stimulation break and to let my own mind create and do what it does on it's own.  
I had been completely over-stimulated.  
Like a kid in a candy store.

If you follow me on IG (okay, I didn't go cold turkey!) you know that we snuck away for what was supposed to be a business trip for Don and I got to tag along. 
Then the snow storm happened and no one else could make the trip.  We happened into a four day getaway ... 
It was a God Gift to the two of us.



1.  Never liked to admit my middle name was Sue. 
Then I met Dirty Sue Olive Juice.  
Yep, I've made peace with it.
2.  You know I love a good cowboy boot.  
None made the trip home.
3.  Dining on Sushi at YellowTail in the Bellagio.  
Have to tell you the sushi was good. 
The floors were fabulous! 
4.  Petroglyphs at Atlatl Rock in The Valley of Fire. 
Looks to me like they were channeling a good martini as well!
5.  These Yoga Pants.  I stalked a woman in the Las Vegas Airport. She told me where to get them.
I might start doing Yoga.
6.  The Moscow Mule in a Copper Mug.  
Refreshing ... an Adult Icee!
7.  The Toilet at Aria Resort.  
Unlike any experience I've ever known.
8.  Most Beautiful Shrimp Cocktail ... EVER. 
Todd English Pub.
9.  Nice to wear Disco Flip Flops for a few days!

Being away from my computer reminded me that there is a Big Colorful World out there. 
I stopped and soaked it up.

Making the World More Beautiful.  One Room at a Time.

xo,

kim

15 comments:

  1. Welcome back! You were sorely missed but bravo to you for unplugging. That is really hard to do but so refreshing! Your trip looked amazing and I was so jealous of your 70-80 degrees! I'm glad you are rejuvenated and feeling your own unique vibe again. It's a beautiful thing! Have a great weekend. talk soon. Xoxo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Sounds like the snowstorm did you a big and much-needed favor! I have still never been to Vegas but am dying to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear all is well, I popped over a couple times to make sure my blogroll wasn't playing tricks on me! Happy weekend, Kimmy Sue!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I like to take a break like that a few times a year. Does the mind and body a world of good. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHAHAHAHA - love the dirty sue part. mom told me about your trip so glad you got to get away! isnt the aria cool? loved this post with snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back!! I'm going to have to investigate this Dirty Sue... I have a weakness for dirty martinis. Particularly with blue cheese stuffed olives. Yum!

    XOXO,
    The Glam Pad

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been absolutely happy-busy Kim, so totally understand. As for the bidet - I actually have one in our master toilet and I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love this post Kim...just a simple reminder that sometimes we need to disconnect to revive our creative vision! Can't wait to see what you come back with...I'm sure there'll be TONS of fabulous inspiration in the works, I'll be following along!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to do the same thing sometimes- get away from my computer. And what better place to get away than Vegas?! Your trip sounds wonderful; what a great time for you and your husband. Nice it worked out to be just the two of you. That toilet has me so very intrigued haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back! It must have been nice to get away to some warm weather - and not easy coming home! Have a great weekend, Kim! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you're back, and so glad you missed out on some of the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good for you! Every now and then we all need to disconnect, relax and re-energize! I should do the same. Oh....and that toilet looks crazy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you, Kim!! This needs to be fun and only a small part of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this post! So fun. my friend ordered a Moscow Mule last night...love the copper mug. Apparently they get stolen a lot though. I was thinking I'd like to order a set somewhere. Did yours come with a long sliver of ginger?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute post...we all need a break once in awhile....glad your back...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...