Monday, November 21, 2011

Maine Cottages

Sammy, our youngest is just in 6th grade ... but retirement seems to be a constant matter of conversation around our house.  Don, a true New Englander ... me, a true Southern Girl ... he wants Maine, I want the southern coast.... Carolina's down to Amelia Island area.  For a while I thought I had Don moving in that direction.  But secretly and stealth-like he kept taking me up to Maine on little getaways.  Then my heart began to warm up to the coldest place I have ever been!  

We have driven so many places ... round and round ... found a few places I stood firm ... no way!  Then, we found Kennebunkport ... okay, a little touristy, but a wonderful little year round community which is key.  We like to eat out ... we like to have a Friday night cocktail in a cute bar (maybe Thursday night too ... we'll be retired!). Don has promised that we will find a way to go south from January to March.  That's the DEAL!

So begins my research and fascination with Maine Cottages.  I also have to tell you the thought of having a weekend hobby and being able to "fix up" an old cottage is my idea of heaven!

This cottage is a little farther north than we will probably go ... but my sweet friends, Heather and Jim, just bought this one and shared it with me.  It came completely furnished, so these photos are "as is".  It is adorable and warm and cozy and friendly ... and look at the views!  While I know they will put their stamp and personality on this as they settle in ... they can start enjoying it immediately!


The plank walls and beamed ceilings are so beautiful!  

  Can't you just imagine sitting out on the little porch having your coffee in the morning and dreaming about the possibilities of the day ahead.








Okay ... I am cozying up to the idea ... so the search and dreaming begin!

Where do you plan to retire and spend your "golden years" ???

xo,

Kim

1 comment:

  1. Anywhere warm....no shoveling for me! Maybe back to Northern California.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...