Thursday, November 3, 2011



Hey all, I am traveling on business this week, sorry for the abbreviated blog.  But here are a couple of sweetheart wines that I have enjoyed recently.


Boekenhoutskloof 2007 Syrah

Don't try to say it, just drink it and enjoy. This South African Syrah is deep, dark and brooding. A ton of up front plum and spice followed by a very long finnish of cassis and just a hint of leather. It really is wonderful and made in a similar style to a top of the line Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Great mouth feel, really silky and not overly tannic. Let it breath for 30 minutes and enjoy. Boekenhoutskloof 2007 Syrah is a bit on the pricey side however coming in at about $42 per bottle. If you have a few extra bucks in your pocket and want to splurge, grab a bottle you will not be disappointed.




Josh Cabernet

For about $15 you can try JOSH Cellars 2007 Cabernet. It is readily available and is a good solid performer. I would not roll it out when your dinning with royalty but for an every nighter, it is not bad at all. Dark fruit on the front of the palette with a hint of cocoa, a bit of black current and just the slightest trace of oak.

Life is short, enjoy the wine,

DM


3 comments:

  1. I don't drink wine due to migraines but I am always looking for a new wine for my Mom who loves to indulge in a great glass or 2 (sometimes 3... shhhh)! Thanks for your sweet comment to day on my blog I really truly appreciate it! I am now following you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A HINT OF COCOA????? Oh dear, that sounds divine! Last Christmas was so fun...we trudged in the deep snow across the street to our neighbor's and we took a fun bottle of DUTCH wine with chocolate! It was the hit of the night! We shared it with about 15 people, so each of us only had a sip!

    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR COMING TO VISIT MY BLOG! And for visiting my Etsy. So, so kind....

    ENJOY A GREAT WEEKEND! Anita

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...