Thursday, April 24, 2014

ORC Linking Event … Week 4

I cannot even believe we are at Week FOUR!  Linda is still calling the shots and keeping me on track! 


If you are new here, Linda organizes a semi-annual Challenge to change one room in Six Weeks.

You can check out Week 1 and 3 if you are interested.
I skipped Week 2!

And then she asks everyone to join in on their own in her Linking Event to do the same.

Perhaps because I have an entire house, also known as #ProjectDownSize, to do … 
I am just crazy willing enough to join in!

I promised last week a post on lighting and a new ceiling. 

Well here is the problem when I am not a total DIY'er.
My Electrician is coming TODAY.  He is clearly not as interested in pleasing all of you as I am.

I apologize on his behalf.  However, if you are in my neck of the woods, I'll share him.

He rocks!

So … here is what is happening that you cannot see!



You might remember the "Hide" I scored last year.  
It finally has come into it's own.

It is at the upholsterer right now.  Taking over the Toile that graced my kitchen a few years ago.  Here's the thing about chairs.  They Rock. And can be changed in a heartbeat.  Continue the Chair Hoarding.  It is a constant Giver!
And the Kravet accent fabric … well, you will just have to wait to see that little treat.

So … while you might think I am slacking off … here is the real DIY'er going on right now.  
Yes, at the same time as the ORC Linking Party.

Remember when Don told me to focus.  
You clearly know I am no good at that!!

We are painting the kitchen cabinets.


And I haven't even shared about my countertops yet.

 So I can't make it a total surprise …  they are man-made.  
Love at First and Last Sight!
I promise to share more on my finds.


You might spy my Island Top … 
But this was quitting time my friends.

Notice Don has his hand on the Kettle One.
Yep. Cocktail time.  
We do have priorities after all!
Looking forward to showing you my lighting next week!  

Check out all the linking participants here!

Making the World More Beautiful.  
One Room (or more!) at a Time.
xo

kim

21 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, this whole post made me laugh. How dare your electrician not take into consideration the ORC timeline? Sheesh! I can't wait to see that chair redone. I'm dying over it already. And your kitchen…..how exciting!! I painted my cabs a few years ago and I feel your pain living through the process. Kettle One is definitely needed at times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How would we ever get through a room make-over without the Kettle One? Love where the kitchen is headed and your office as well, and it's better that everything is happening at once because it minimizes the mess and disruption right?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So envious your kitchen cabs are getting done! At least you have an extra push with the ORC to get your office done, or at least under way! Good luck with a full plate! Love your color choices in the office! Happy cocktail hour! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn electrician....mine was late also. Supposed to come on Monday but just came yesterday.....Painting kitchen cabinets is daunting so you deserve the vodka!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Focus! What is that? At least I know we are kindred spirits. I am curious about the "new" chair too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am laughing - my island looks exactly like that with a bottle of wine in the middle!! :) You are killing me with all of your teases - this is going to rock this, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can just barely get an idea on the island top. Love what I see. After doing all our cabinetry, cheating with Annie Sloan, I can't even imagine painting another. You are very talented, and deserve all the applause in the world.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant wait to hear about your counters...hope you enjoyed your cocktail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving everything I'm seeing so far. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are a lot of projects! Good for you : ]

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you've taken on the kitchen "on the side?" You are crazier than the rest of us!!!! Lol. It all looks amazing. I'm dying to know about your countertops.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the hide on your chairs Kim! And my, you and Don are on a roll! Loving the countertops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like Don and you both earned that Ketel One! I can't wait to see more of that gorgeous countertop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - love the countertop peeking out! The fabric is fab!!! Good deal! I really want to makeover my kitchen too!
    Shelia
    www.houseofhighlands.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see what that chair looks like after its beautiful new upholstery job! And I can't believe that you are doing a makeover of your kitchen in the middle of all of this - I'm way impressed you are keeping your sanity!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, looks like you're making amazing progress (overachiever :) )! I'm enjoying reading your updates. And by the way, you have better DIY skills than I do. I'm hopeless!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is going to be gorgeous...I can tell already! I think it might be cocktail time here...and it's Friday...have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you need a break. I am feeling stressed for you. Whatever you get finished will be more than what you had before, but after that maybe just one room at a time? It's almost May and you will have a full house soon. Remember, it's always 5 O'Clock somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL!! I need a drink right about now! That chair is going to look great (from a fellow chair hoarder)! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That island countertop is killing me. You are doing fine my friend. It will all get done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can’t wait to see the beauty of the chair! You have a lot projects here most especially that counter tops, most likely the kitchen can’t wait to see its transformation too! Love to be here!

    Sebastian of
    Gazebo and Bali Hut Super Store

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...