Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Evolution of a Bedroom

Sometimes I wish I had an unlimited budget!  Just to empty a room and start all over!  But ... I don't, I work with what I have and make it the best I can.  Lesson here, don't buy anything you don't absolutely LOVE, because you could be stuck with it for a very long time!!!

At home, my rooms truly tend to evolve.  Maybe because I see so many beautiful things in design every day, I just can't commit at home!  So here is the evolution of our master bedroom.

Before:


This is our "just moved in" look! The room is long and narrow and this is just a little boooorrring!!

A couple of things happened along the way to making this better!  One little thing that worked in my favor was that we had to put new siding on our house!!  Yes, that was music to my ears ... because then I could add some windows since we were already tearing up the outside of the house!

Now, a little "chandy" would be perfect!!  My hunt began.  I couldn't wait to go visit my Mother and Daddy in Atlanta and Erin at Auburn ... what a great excuse to go to Scott's Antique Market!!  It took me no time to hone in on this one!!  The lines are graceful, but not too feminine.  It is from the late 1800's ... and mostly, I loved it.  Now to get this thing from Atlanta to Boston.  Luckily for me, my cousin Catherine and I ship things back and forth all the time.  I think we keep federal express in business!!  I knew she would help!

I like to think I am pretty "eclectic" in the design style in our home.  But I must admit, I tend to lean toward the traditional.  Even so, I like a little playfulness, so I was ecstatic when I found these candle sleeves, I had no idea that they could be so fun!

Playful and fun ... but don't detract from the beauty!



After:

With two new sources of light, the chandelier and new windows, we have more light and a little more interest!  I am still waiting for my upholstered headboard ... soon!

You can find more of these candle sleeves at kaarskoker.com ... you should check them out, great fun!  Don't you have a lamp or chandelier that needs a little "shaking up"??

xo,
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Wow! great score with the fixture. I love the bedside lamps too! Going to check out the rest of your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have more than lamps that need a little shaking up, but that is a great place to start. Love the new window.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...