Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Picker's Paradise!


While at the Lake we did a little Pickin'!  I am totally showing my age ... but doesn't this remind you of ... "the day my momma socked it to ... the Harper Valley PTA!" 


Saws ... in case you need them.  And seriously with all the industrial chicness going on, these could be kind of fun!


Ball Jars ... hard to find in New England ... EVERYWHERE in the south!


Old Mixers.  I even see these at Brimfield.


A little Victorian Settee in South Alabama ... such a Victorian State!


Timely.  We were fortunate enough to go to a number of Olympic Events when they were in Atlanta.  Like every mother I was convinced that Erin would be a gymnastic star!  Clearly ... that didn't work out!


Callie has an affection for blue glass.


Snow White?  Who spins?  without a bike?


More blue glass!


Perhaps the people of Howard College might be interested.


We have stories in our house about disco balls ... so this was perfect.  We didn't buy it.


If you don't have an iron skillet you should.  Not only do they cook well, they really add iron to what you are cooking and keep you healthy!  Plus I still have that corn cob shape skillet pan ... I grew up with corn muffins made in the shape of corn cobs.  Don't laugh.  They were good!

So House Beautiful just came out with the In's and Out's of Color ... Yellow is Out ... Perhaps this is why it is all stored at the Water Valley Antique Market!


So you can stock up when it becomes HOT again!


I love all the old thick wrought iron furniture ... 


Coins and Coins ... 


We came home with these two jars ... that was it. Our $14.00 purchase for the day!


I seriously tried to get SOMEONE to buy this chandelier.  No one was BUYING into my vision!


Green Wrought Iron ... Oh Yeah!



This is Alabama's idea of recycling!!


WANT... could you just imagine Don's face if I had come home with these??  Well, I didn't ... sad for me!

A little Water Valley at home in Sherborn!


Here's to good pickin'!

xo,  

kim



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...