Friday, August 3, 2012

House of Honey ... South Bay Living

I find as I grow in my design business that I appreciate so many different styles.  I truly love them all.  While I typically consider myself "traditional/eclectic" I see the beauty in each and every Genre of Design ... and can find a love of many looks.

Not only what I am exposed to on a daily basis, but the fact that I had the opportunity to live on the West Coast gives me an "other coast" perspective ... which I love!

1st Dibs introduced me to Tamara Kaye-Honey and I was thrilled to look into her portfolio and found she updated a beach house in Hermosa Beach.  What struck me is that I was so familiar with the structural design of this space.  I lived in Redondo Beach for five years and was so intrigued by the architecture.  Very different than what I had grown up with in the South.  This was my first real world venture!


Apple Green Leather Banquette ... luscious!!   Now I will tell you, and please don't be offended Tamara, I am not a fan of all these horse heads that are out and about right now.  They remind me of the "GodFather" I just cannot move on.


This reminds me of this chest that Barbara did ... for the ORC!



 Back to House of Honey!


The Wallpaper Feature is stunning!  And just note the skin on the floor mixed with the wrought iron railings.  I would probably have recommended to rip them out.  Instead they are a focal point of this design.  I would have been wrong ... I am liking it.


Ikat on a Red Chair ... need I say more?

Thank you Tamara!


xo,


kim

4 comments:

  1. I love her work, especially that Ikat chair! Hope all is well.. it's a bit of a letdown after the ORC is over.. it was driving our ship there for a while!
    Have a great weekend. I guess your daughter left for school? Best of luck to her.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous look at interesting design work! I am with you on the horse heads and that chair is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red chest! and I'm a sucker these days for animal skin rugs. I have two cowhides. Oh course I named them Honey Bell and Lulu Bell, the Bell Sisters! The family simply doesn't get it, but I love them and they are staying!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about growing professionally and appreciating many different styles of interiors. I like to think I'm evolving, there has to be some perk to getting older:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...