Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Four B's ...


Country Living Magazine contacted me to share what they have been up to for their 2013 ShowHouse.  You have probably seen some of the ramp up for their Real House Makeover lead by Designer Emily Henderson.

Kind of fun that we bloggers are contacted by different companies in regard to design trends or happenings in the Design World in hopes that we might help them promote their particular product or project.

I always try to read them and consider my options ... write or don't write.  
And, honestly, I usually don't write.

Well this little tid-bit from Country Living seemed appropriate.
 Beautifully appropriate I might add!

And here are the Four B's 


Things I love ... 
and love to share ...

Bungalows



This little Bungalow was left standing full of water and virtually destroyed by Hurricane Sandy. 

Benevolence 


Country Living stepped in to help this homeowner get this place back into shape.


BrightStar


Well, who wouldn't love Emily Henderson to bounce her vivacious style into their "new" home!


Here's a look at some of the transformation ... and I'd like to point out some of the design elements that I try to use with my clients and these are PERFECT examples!

Before look at the dark wood/beam ceiling.  
Sometimes people are afraid of painting pretty wood. 


Well, FEAR NO MORE!



The Fourth B ... 

BALANCE.

Many times balance and symmetry are thought about as in "the same thing on both sides". 
A Mirror Image.

NO, NO ... look at the BALANCE created by the tripod lamp and the fig.

This is Perfectly Creative Balance.


This Kitchen is so fun and notice the paint going all the way up! 
Such a perfect way to make a space feel larger and sunnier.


Again in the Bedroom ... Paint all the way UP!  



Balance again in the Bedroom. 
Bold UP.
Calm DOWN.

This bathroom is so Bungalow Good!

An example here of the clean white space with a terrifically bold floor.  
I am a big fan of Big Punch in Small spaces.

Also giving the Balance Example.  

Bold Floor.
Quiet Ceiling.


Not only did I adore what Emily and the Country Living Team did with this Bungalow and lucky homeowner, but found the implementation and lessons to be well worth sharing!

You can read more details here or when the new CL hits the stands next week!

It's Wednesday ... I think I will strive for Balance today ... what are you up to?

Making the World More Beautiful.  One Room at a Time.

xo,

kim

6 comments:

  1. Great post Kim! Love the info and the pictures. I adore E Henderson and her style so this is extra fun. I'm working today with neighborhood bunco tonight, a wonderful balance of work and play. Have a great day.
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you did decide to share. There are so many great elements to that bungalow and your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Breathtaking! Blue! Blissful! Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great analysis of the this beautiful make-over Kim! I can't believe you turned down Country Living, but I guess your right in picking out what your really want to write about and not. I'm glad you wrote this though! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute...... Love the ceiling white with the blue walls...they did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I love the hammock in the living room and EH is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...