Thursday, July 18, 2013

Orange and Emerald ...

The chair brings the Orange.  Nature brings the Emerald!


This chair literally fell together!  I love it when this happens ... it was a no-thought come together of the best kind!

Hopefully you remember the day I found the skin ... one of those purchases that I truly had no idea where it was going to be used.  Just knew it needed to be mine!

Once I made the decision to use the leather on my chair, I wasn't entirely sure what fabric I wanted on the pillows to complement my chair.  And I wasn't pressed to make a decision which is always a good thing!

And this happened.



The blue/white print is from an old Lilly Skirt that I had in a pile to go to GoodWill.  I loved that skirt, it was getting a little short!  I just glanced over one day while doing the laundry and decided it needed to be a funky little pillow!

I call it Preppy Zebra!

I also didn't want to lose the "spirit of the skirt" so I left the little brass button and pocket!



Then the crazy popular Chiang Mai Dragon fabric.  I was in my upholsterer's workroom one afternoon a couple of weeks ago and saw this:


Well, I stopped in my tracks ... this is beautiful ... what a lucky person bringing this home.  Ha Ha, fooled me!  It was already used and done.  This sofa was in for a little facelift of it's own to become leather.  

Well ... hmmm ... what are you doing with the fabric when you pull it off?  I asked.

Um, can I have a piece?

Well ... sure ... and here it is my "vintage" fabric pillow.  

Couldn't be happier!!



My throw is a vintage Kantha quilt ... it is so soft and HUGE!  Was purchased to use on our hammock.  But now it is the true traveling blanket!



Yes, the chair will reside in my Illusion Office ... but if I could, I would leave it right here in the grass ... isn't it lovely?


Murphy gives a nod of approval ... the chair brought him out into the heat for a few minutes ... then he disappeared back under the deck into the rocks!  Poor Guy, the heat is really killing him.


Last week brought together my ya ya's and their families.  My Family.  We have been spending a week together every summer for 17 years.  We each come away relaxed, loved, and re-juiced for the next year!  
I have been blessed by their friendship, thank you my dear friends!

Thank you for hanging in with me and continuing to check in! 

Making the World more Beautiful.  One Room at a Time.

xo,

kim

14 comments:

  1. SO GORGEOUS KIM!! And the free Chiang mai?! Crazy good! You are so talented and you mix up your colors good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that story!!! What a great way to get some fab fabric - for free none the less. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing score on the Schumacher fabric! I can't believe someone was redoing that sofa! Love your new chair and your dog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chair turned out beautifully, and the pillows? Sheer brilliance! I can't get over them. Poor Murphy, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best score ever! How could someone just undo that beautiful Chiang Mai? Oh well... another mans trash? LOVE the orange leather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow that chair looks phenomenal! The orange leather is perfect and I love how you personalized it with your gorgeous styling!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progression....PROVES...not all success has to be perfectly planned ahead of time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, you could sell that chair for $2000 easily, it is a beauty! i adore the orange leather. Wonderful pillows,and garden seat and love your stories. Missed you! Hope Murph and the boys stay cool..
    xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't believe it's the same chair!! Fabulous girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness me! That chair is fabulous. Nice job on the fabric score too. It couldn't be more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim love that chair and pillows! awesome job? who in their right mind would replace that fabric??? their loss is your gain! have a great wknd!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess I missed this the first time around. Love the combo. The chair looks amazing. Love the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful chair--you have grand vision. LOVE the pillows. Nothing better than giving new life to something destined for the Goodwill, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...