Monday, November 5, 2012

Texture + Details = Warmth

First and foremost ... thank you all for your kind words and well wishes during Sandy ... we were FINE, but our cable, phones and internet just came on yesterday!!  While I have to say I enjoyed the first few days without them.  The kids and I got outside, we paid more attention to each other and our dogs.  It actually ended up helping us remember what is really most important.  Then, after all the together time ... we were beginning to get a little grumpy!!  So, here we are back in the swing and hoping the few days away made us a little more appreciative of all we have and do what we can to help those who are still suffering through the aftermath.  There are so many who need our help.    

Warmth ... especially on days like the past few where I was looking out into rain and dreariness ... makes me feel better.  Texture can come in many different forms ... and it delivers warmth.

Duralee

Fabric next to brick.


South Shore Decorating

A pretty Traditional Room ... updated and given a WOW with stained wood beams and painted floors.

i suwannee

Even this bookcase delivers texture.  I happen to like that it looks real.  Not staged to be perfectly colored.  It  houses Real Books!
Via

Here on this Art Wall ... the warmth is brought in by the visual texture of Wallpaper.
Via

A brick floor which totally sets off the simple white furnishings.  Although, I probably would throw down a hide rug ... just for a bit more TEXTURE!!

Even in Primarily White Rooms ... Texture amps up the Story.

Via

Via

Now that the clocks are set back and the days are shorter ... I am needing the warmth of my home even more.  Are you warming up your cocoon?

xo

kim

8 comments:

  1. Refreshing to see a decor with REAL books! Not staged for color or texture!
    AND.....YES, a hide rug (white or one with white and a little black) would be the perfect touch to the white desk and cabinets on the brick floor!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the furry throws are coming out now!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad youre back! Missed you! This is a great post. I'm needing warmth much more now as it gets colder.
    Have a good week.
    xo Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are ok! I just made new silk curtains for my living room and I love the cozy, sultry look they give to it - especially with a fire burning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you and your family are OK. I'm going to have my dinning room painted for a warmer feel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of gorgeous, warm images! I'm so happy to know that you and your family are well and you have services again. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you survived the storm intact...and still have the energy to blog!! :) I love that last image- wowza! I am definitely in a nesting mode and I'm ready to decorate for the holidays a bit earlier this year...since I want to fluff the nest even more now!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing says "warm and cozy" to me like a room full of books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...