Monday, June 4, 2012

Wisteria Lust!


I took this photo in NYC last summer when Don and I were visiting.  I have Wisteria Lust ... in a really big way.  Three years ago I planted this ... and I have to say, it is growing quite well.  I know, there are naysayers that are not going to approve of my letting it wrap around my deck posts.  But I love it.  and if it decides to get to tight, I will cut it.  But right now I am cheering it on.







Did you know it takes SEVEN years for Wisteria to bloom.  And I just found out I am supposed to be pruning around the leader vine.  The Leader Vine?  I will be working on my pruning techniques this week.  That means whacking off a few to clean it out.  And we will just see what happens!

Hope your week gets off to a great start ... and keep an eye on your Leader Vines!!

xo,

kim

4 comments:

  1. You are brave. I have not had wisteria in the East...when I lived in the West, I had a huge one that took over the world. Because of that...I am not brave enough to do what you did....but I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 years! I had NO idea! You have a beautiful back yard! I love that NY building with the Wisteria all the way up.. Did they prune for 7 years? I'm curious, so keep us updated on your pruning!
    Have a great week.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours looks so healthy, but no blooms for seven years...wow...you have to be really patient!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good thing you are learning because I have one I planted three years ago and it is taking over the garage, the shutters, shingles and siding. I want to build a pergola for it to climb instead. Where to start pruning? My bloomed this year. It was an older plant when I got it. Please keep me posted as I want to tame the beast, but feel as you do... worth every bloom.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...