Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A little "me" time ...

Every now and then I have to remind myself to stop, take a breath and remember how blessed I am and not get so caught up in my "to-do" list that I forget why I am doing these things!  Whether it is picking up and dropping off my precious children or working with my clients, I want to enjoy every minute!  I found Kimber's blog Moxie Me about a year ago and have gone back to her site a number of times for a little of her "coaching".  I don't know Kimber, only know what I read on her blog and have found that sometimes it is just the little "life kick" I need!! 


I hope you enjoy this feature and see how "your garden" is growing!


 


What Are You Growing In Your Life?
by Kimber Britner 


Kimber Britner is president of Moxie Me Institute, Author, Speaker, Professional Coach and Innovation Expert who helps women connect to their passion, purpose, creativity and inspired vision. She offers one-on-one coaching, group coaching and self study products. Get your moxie activated at Moxie Me


Kimberism: A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.Saint Basil

Have you ever gone after something you thought you wanted only to discover in the end that you invested yourself in something that didn't line up with your inner values? I sure have, more times than I would like to admit!

Have you ever noticed that everything produces after its own kind? Every seed produces its own kind. An orange seed doesn't produce apples. It produces after its own kind and so do we. The seed is the most inner part and within every person’s heart there is a seed that manifests after its own kind. If you want to know what kind of seed you are nurturing, look at the fruit in your life. Do you sadly recognize seeds maturing with qualities that do not align with your values?

Here are clues that reveal you may be nurturing an illegitimate harvest:
  1. You experience a lack of peace
  2. You lack the ability to live in the present moment
  3. You find yourself striving to make things happen
  4. Rather than letting life emerge through you, you are contriving to control life
  5. You are driven by selfish-ambition
  6. All that you are creating would be meaningless if you found yourself in a life or death situation
  7. You can’t remember the last time you felt giddy
  8. You forgot how to receive
  9. You are propelled by self-effort rather than joy
  10. You forgot love

If you've ever planted a garden and watched it grow strong and healthy you know that it began with good seed, fertile soil and the right nurture and care. Conversely if a garden has pour seed, soil or little care, you can be certain that even if what's sown in it looks strong and healthy initially, it will eventually wither when exposed to the heat. Look around in the world and you will quickly discern the heat of many man-made and natural circumstances. Although it may be disappointing to have invested time and energy in a failed crop, it may actually be a blessing if you determine what your growing is contrary to your values.

Is what you are sowing in your life truly valuable? If not realign your priorities and activities to produce a harvest that is truly valuable.

© Copyright 2011 Moxie Me Institute, BE U LLC. All Rights Reserved
Hope you enjoyed this and Kimber inspired you to take care of your "garden"!
xo, 
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kim for sharing my post with your peeps! I love that you are about sharing inspiration with those you work with. Keep on inspiring!

    Kimber Britner
    www.moxieme.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...