Monday, May 14, 2012

Ahhh ... Brimfield

Three times a year Brimfield Antique Fair grabs my attention ... I cannot always make it, but will try to move mountains of sports activities, etc. to get to it!  My favorite day is Friday, what I consider the best because all of the fields are open ... although if I had the time I would do Thursday AND Friday.  I never really have that opportunity!!  This year I made it on Saturday ... I'll be sharing several things this week ... it was a great feast for my eyes.

The Restoration Hardware Industrial Look has really sparked some interesting new displays and things for sale at Brimfield.

Old bright colored bikes have a new fan base ... they were everywhere!


Bouys are fun and colorful ... but it was the massive pile of them that made them special!


Stacks of metal crates


We met a gentleman who fashions lights out of old industrial fans and strapping





Gears ... kind of weird, but pretty at the same time all in a heap.  I guess you could by the whole mess of them!


Great lighting for a loft or beach house.


It struck me this year how the antique fairs are becoming more commercial.  Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but it changes the face of the hunt.  Because of shows like American Pickers, Antique Roadshow, etc.,  these places are becoming more mainstream and popular.  Kind of nice for the dealers, they probably sell more.  But I kind of miss the days that they were a little more of a secret source and there were interesting finds ... and by the way, the prices are up too!!

All that said, I still love it and now it makes me look deeper so that I am not buying things you can find at the big box stores but trying to move in my own direction!  I still like to keep it fresh!

I didn't bring home a big haul like I did last year ... but a few fun finds that I will share with you as we move through Brimfield this week!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!!

xo,

kim

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...