Monday, September 8, 2014

Brimfield Round UP!

One of my favorite weeks of the year ... The Brimfield Antique Fair!

Last week I ventured out earlier in the week than I normally do.  I tend to go on Thursday's because I love Mays and J&J's Fields and that is when they both open.  But I decided to go on Wednesday this year ... you know "early bird gets the worm"!

My intention was to get back over the weekend to check out Mays and J&J, but real life does not allow one to go for two days!  Bummer!

Here are a few of the things that inspired me this year ... 

Large, beautifully bound books of old newspapers from the 1800's.  Gorgeous and I could see them actually used as an impromptu side table on their own ... you know, casually sitting there waiting for you to open them, but instead with your glass of wine on top! 


Love these carved wooden tables.  I call it the Rustic Garden Stool ...


We all might be getting a little bored with the large clamshell ... so now you can have a painted fiberglass piece of art instead.  I actually love this ... 


How about some petrified and glossed up tree trunk tables.  
The colors are stunning ... 




I am still a sucker for metal floral chandeliers.  This one was about 36" wide and I don't have anywhere to hang it.  A serious Crime.




I came home with 4 very large soup spoons for Don and 6 Gothic Forks for me. 
Yea ... I just downsized, remember??

Have you seen anything new that has inspired you lately? Please share!

Making the World More Beautiful.  One Room at a Time.

xo, kim


7 comments:

  1. I want that round-ish garden stool! Such a different shape, I love it. So many fun things, it is a crime when you don't NEED anything when you go. Have a great week Kim! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with the rustic garden stools!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is my dream - to go to brimfield one year. Until then, thanks for sharing your fun with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need/want those books of old newspapers. You're right, they would make a great side table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always, always wanted to go to Brimfield! And on our way to Maine, we pass Sturbridge, MA all the time. Kim, let's meet there next year. Maybe you can show me where to shop. I hear it is big and confusing. Thanks for the highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to attend Brimfield on a regular basis. I so want to get back...you are tempting me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...