Monday, August 11, 2014

The History of Modern ... Patrick Dragonette!


Are you ready for more Inspiration? 

Another Speaker from Design Camp that truly knocked my socks off (sandals ... did I mention it was 107° in Las Vegas?)


While Patrick truly regaled us with his knowledge of all the past and present design icons ... he was so inspirational in his delivery.  You absolutely know, when listening, that this man is passionate about his love (and true KNOWLEDGE) of mid-century design!

And his inspiration seemed to be absolutely Billy Haines.




William Haines Designs carries on the Haines legacy by faithfully reissuing the original Haines furniture designs with great accuracy and penchant for this style known as Hollywood Glamour. Peter Schifando and J. Jonathan Joseph are extending the Haines aesthetic with painstaking accuracy and fulfilling the current demand for Hollywood Regency design. With an A-List clientele, which includes Nancy Reagan and Betsy Bloomingdale, it is only befitting that these iconic, classic designs from William Haines grace their homes.

Taken from the William Haines Design Web Page

While I don't think I would ever design a room completely in MCM ...  I do believe that just like any other era of design, bringing in a piece or two will make your space that much more fun and unique!  These are some of my favorite pieces from the Collection ... and they can work in ANY design style.


The Brentwood Chair






The Elbow Chair



The Pull-Up Chair



Dragonette is one of the country’s top resources for high-end mid 20th-century design and has made the works of William Haines a specialty and totally brought me down the rabbit hole with him after listening to him speak.

And of course Dragonette designs as well ... he studied theatre in New York before he turned his passion of antiques into a lifestyle ... and I love that you can feel the theatrics in his spaces.







The continuing theme from Design Camp ... Mix It Up and Do what you LOVE!

Making the World More Beautiful.  One Room at a Time. 

xo,

kim

12 comments:

  1. You know I'm a fan of MCM, and thank you for introducing me to Mr. Dragonette. This was very interesting and love his rooms. Have a great week! xo Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm not a schooled designer when I think 'wow, this guy is all over the place'. Nancy is correct to say his rooms are 'interesting'. Thanks for sharing, Kim. It is always interesting to be exposed to different styles of design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Elbow Chair" is my favorite! It would work anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mix it up and do what you love - always great advice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Brentwood chairs just stopped me in my tracks! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I'm a fan! I have a few MCM pieces in my own home - love how they add a little swagger to a mostly traditional space!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mid Century Modern is not my period of choice but there is always something to learn frrom every style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The chairs now have a new life, and the pillows go perfectly with the fabric! I would not have thought of hanging up a ladder as a decorative item, another clever idea for a farmhouse.
    classy-pocket-chair

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how playful this feels. What do you do if you love everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very informative Kim!!!! Enjoy your weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...